
I love to quilt! I've made lots of quilts but I've actually never hand quilted until this last week. My friend Ruth needed some help finishing her daughters' Christmas presents - Texas star quilts for their beds. We set up frames in my garage and have been busily working to get them done before Friday. We started last Wednesday and haven't yet finished the first quilt. I am a little nervous but hope to finish tomorrow. I've been inviting people over from our ward to help. It's been wonderful to sit around the quilt and chat. I feel a closeness to my ancestors.

Sydney begs to help us sew. She uses a needle without thread and practices pulling it in and out of the fabric. There are times when she is in the way - but I really want this to be a good experience for her too. In this picture, she is teaching Dora how to sew.
No comments:
Post a Comment