Friday, December 21, 2007

Nutcracker


Sydney and I watched the Nutcracker Ballet on the UCSD campus with a preschool group from our ward. It was fun to dress up and take the shuttle bus from student housing. I think the children were all as excited to ride the bus as they were to watch the performance. They called (screamed) for the bus to come and jumped for joy when it arrived. They cut the performance down to 1 hour to keep the attention of the young audience. Sydney was a little dissapointed that they cut out the fight between the nutcracker and the rat king. She thinks that is the best part. The rest of the ballet she kept asking, "where's the rat?" We sat a couple rows back from the stage and probably had the best seats in the house. Haylee didn't come with us because she was too young. I think she would really enjoy it - at least for the first 15 minutes.

No comments: