Sunday, June 15, 2008

US OPEN - Torrey Pines

Wednesday afternoon we walked around the US Open course at Torrey Pines. The golf course has never looked better. I am not a golfer (not yet) but even I could appreciate the beauty. The tournament didn't start until Thursday but we were able to see several players taking practice rounds on the course. We sat in the stands and tried to guess how many shots it would take. I can't believe how far these guys can hit and then they get the ball to back spin and stick rather than rolling off the green. Talent. Aaron was, of course, giddy. We were nearly the last people to leave the course. Fortunately, this allowed Aaron some fanastic pictures and I was able to walk barefoot on the fairways. The grass was wet and welcoming to my feet. I doubt many people get to do that! Aaron returned Thursday to watch the first day of the tournament.

5th Hole

18th Hole

1 comment:

DixieJo said...

You know we are jealous - but how can we be jealous of such wonderful people? The US Open (Gasp) right in your backyard! (so to speak) gotta love that!