Sydney got the most amazing gift Monday night. While we were visiting some friends who moved out of our ward a couple years ago Sydney started playing with this doll. She fell in love with it, named it and carried it with her the whole night. When it came time to go, Elizabeth told Sydney she could keep the doll. Elizabeth purchased the doll 10+ years ago in hopes that she would one day have a girl to care for it. She ended up with three fun loving boys who attack her doll. I hate to take things from people and would normally put up more of a fight but she talked to her husband before we arrived about the possibility of giving the doll to my girls. Can you believe that? I had a life-size doll when I was little and remember the day she was taken from me... (likely a health hazard at that point from all the years of loving).. So, now we have another "person" in our family. Sydney said Courtney is 9 years old, born May 1st, and is old enough to be left in the car alone. She normally rides in the back strapped into the spare car seat but I had little people in every seat today so she rode shotgun. Wonder if she'll be any help when I want to sneak onto the HOV lane. (I have too much of a conscience to do that... unfortunately...)


1 comment:
Sydney, I can't wait to see her!
Post a Comment