Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 13


A couple of nights ago Sydney got jealous of Haylee. She didn't know what to call it - just that her tummy hurt and she didn't want happy Haylee and her happy new scooter around. I crawled up on her bunk bed and talked to her about what she was feeling. It was a really special moment. Sydney didn't stay jealous long - of course. And, even better, Haylee got another scooter in the mail yesterday. So, they both can now play on the scooters!!

Update: This picture reminded me of what happened later that day. I found Sydney on the front lawn meditating (legs criss-crossed, hands on the knees with her pointer finger and thumb touching - you know the pose). I asked her what she was doing and she said: "finding peace". I don't know where she learned this - but most likely someone at school talked to her about it because of her peace outfit. It's even more appropriate considering her self-discovery lately. She's always been very thoughful but she is certainly experiencing some emotional growth right now. I love being a parent and seeing these ladies discover themselves.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Sydney - I love seeing the smile on your face again. How will grandpa ever be able to keep up with you? Will you let me borrow the "sit down on" scooter? Keep the old one for me.

The Smiths said...

Love these girls...and you too Jenn ;)