
After years of anticipation... we finally have a tempered sliding door and new windows! Wahoo!! I tried to sleep last night but something was different. I opened a window in our room and realized what it was. With the new windows, I can't hear the street noise. It's amazing! I'll adapt my sleeping and may actually start sleeping in.... The greatest change is the sliding door and sliding screen door. They work! They slide easily and look great! Also, air doesn't blow in from our windows panes! So exciting!! The windows don't smell so good yet (all the glue and stuff they used to seal it... yucky!). I feel like we are entering a new chapter. The only negative is now I want new outdoor siding to match the beautiful windows and I need to repaint all the window trim. I can paint the trim. We'll have to wait another 10 years for the siding. Baby steps... I still need to figure out what to do with the front door. Should we keep two doors or put in one door and two side panels?? Decisions, decisions, decisions...
4 comments:
You are several big baby steps ahead of us...I wish we had a house.
Congradulations on the windows and door. Can you post some pictures of the finished product? Dad
Yahoo! You'll love your new CLEAN windows! Can't wait to see them. Lynn
CONGRATS! That is so exciting! I know how long you have wanted those! My vote is for 1 door and 2side windows. I always get confused with the 2 door thing.. which one do I choose? ha ha.. i guess i really am a blonde!
Post a Comment