Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Toothfairy Post

After Haylee lost her tooth we went to Grandma's & Grandpa's house and she accidental really lost her tooth. She didn't seem very concerned about it and wasn't disappointed that she couldn't put a tooth under her pillow. I think I was more upset about it. I didn't want her to miss out on her first visit from the toothfairy. I suggested different ideas about what she could do - write the toothfairy a letter, draw a picture of her lost tooth, etc. but she wasn't interested. Finally, Sydney lost a tooth and together they wrote letters to the toothfairy. Haylee used a paper punch to punch out a picture of a tooth. She felt this would be sufficient. When people would ask Sydney and Haylee what the toothfairy was going to bring them they would say: "An iPod or a PS2" I couldn't believe it! I told the girls they were asking for a lot and it might make the toothfairy sad that they were asking for such expensive stuff. I am not sure that was the best way to handle it but I didn't want them expecting the toothfairy to deliver. When Haylee went to bed that night, she told me she would sleep with her mouth open so the toothfairy could see spot where the tooth came out.




Sydney's letter was hilarious!! I am still not sure why the .6 cents!





Special memories!!

3 comments:

Beth Bos said...

A i-pod,gone are the days of when tooth fairy left a dollar bill. I like Sydney's idea better. Love those girls.

Joy said...

I love it! Tremain and I were laughing while reading the letters. Too cute! We were lucky if we got a quarter from the Tooth Fairy! :)

Valerie said...

So sweet!