Wednesday, January 19, 2011

let it snow!!

We made a quick trip to Utah the first week of January to ski!We left early Thursday morning to take advantage of the ski-free-the-day-you-fly special in Park City. The girls made sure our luggage got checked in by personally putting it on the conveyor belt. During the flight, they were probably the only ones paying attention to the stewardess explain the safety rules. Afterwards, Sydney explained to me the oxygen masks. I told her that if they fell I could put it on both of us really fast. She said, "No mommy, you have to wait until I pass out - then you put it on me." When we got to SLC, Aaron picked up the rental car and brought it around to pick us up. Sydney was confused: "Daddy, where's our car?" Daddy: "This is our car." Sydney: "No, I mean our minivan." .. um, no room on the plane Sydney. It was hilarious!
We picked up Ashley, Rachael and Andrew and took them up to Deer Valley to ski with us. We had a great time and only lost Andrew once. I love these kids! Rachael is amazing with Haylee!! She helped her with her turns and provided excellent train tracks for Haylee to follow. Sydney and Ashley are best buds. At one point, skiing down the mountain, Sydney turned to Ashley and said: "Hey Ashley, whatcha doing?" It was hilarious. Andrew - although a handful - has a very special spot in my heart.
Wonderful day!!
The girls enjoying the hot tub on our patio.
Temple Square - They have an amazing new visitor's center. I love all the modern technology they use to show the interior of the temple and also videos that explain the purpose of every room. I loved the cross -section display of the temple. Such detail. Conference Center decorated for the holidays.
We enjoyed the tour and seeing all the original art work. Reminded me of the time Aaron and I went to conference and at the very end a gentleman (huge, Samoan man) stood up and yelled: "We love you President Hinckley!!" It caused quite a stir and there were secret-service type people suddenly all around us. He said he was so overcome with love and gratitude that he couldn't keep it inside. He also said that he was pleased that his tithing money helped build something so beautiful.
Sydney & Brookyln
Haylee & Brookyln
Haylee with Cheetos on her face.

2 comments:

Linn said...

"No mommy, you have to wait until I pass out - then you put it on me."

You just made my day!

You guys are so fun!

Jake said...

I guess Sydney has her mini-van back. It is like being there to read your comments and see your photos. Thanks for sharing.