Zions National Park:We thought September would be the perfect time to visit Zions - no crowds, perfect weather. We were right - the weather was perfect - but we were wrong about the crowds. There must have been a European special package because there were tons of out-of-country visitors. Zions was BEAUTIFUL!! The girls loved weeping rock and spent a long time going in and out of the "rain". Sydney and Haylee even hiked up to the upper emerald pools. It was quite a hike! Sydney kept saying "I think I can" and then she would charge ahead, Haylee close at her heals.

We stayed a night with my wonderful, amazing, beautiful, talented friend Angela and her husband Brad. Brad is affectionately referred to as "grandma" by the girls - so he'll chase and tickle them! The girls REALLY wanted to milk a cow so we went to Thanksgiving Point. Turns out they only milk the cows at 6:00 PM. The girls got some practice with a fake cow - which was probably better anyway! They also got to feed some of the cows/calves, goats and ducks. Their favorite part was eating ice cream with Angela and riding the horses.
Later that day, Aaron and I went to the BYU football game. It was a terrible game - but I had a blast. It was fun to reminisce about our BYU days. I took a picture of a guy reading a newspaper. BYU fans are terrible. Disappointed fans started leaving the game well before half time. Come on Cougar Fans!!

One of the best parts of our vacation was spending time with our cousins (Rachael, Ashley & Andrew) & Pamela. Ashley and Sydney were attached at the hip. Rachael took loving care of Haylee. I kinda felt bad for Andrew - but he found ways to keep busy. They came up to Park City/Midway with us and helped celebrate Haylee's birthday. We stopped along the way and took pictures at Bridal Veil Falls. I learned that Ashley LOVES bugs. She found a beautiful caterpillar along our hike. Later, in Park City, she caught a grasshopper and tried to domesticate it.

Wasatch State Park is one of our favorite places. Aaron would buy a home there tomorrow if I would let him... oh, and if we had the money for it :) He woke up early every morning and got in a round of golf. We found an old homestead and enjoyed their apple orchard. YUMMY!! We also saw deer. The Fall colors were amazing!

On our last day in Midway, we went to the Park City Mountain Resort and had five hours of continuous rides! It was fantastic. We didn't have to wait in any lines, except the zip line. We went on the Alpine Coaster and Alpine Slide more times than I could count. I was nervous/paranoid the first time the girls went on the lift but the security bar made me feel better. It was good prep for skiing this winter. Unfortunately, Haylee and I had an accident on the Alpine Slide. We went off the track. She hit her nose on the brake and scraped her face. There was blood everywhere. I freaked out more than her, of course. We took her down to first aid and cleaned her up. And yes, she still went on the ride again - but only with daddy....

One of the best parts of our vacation was spending time with our cousins (Rachael, Ashley & Andrew) & Pamela. Ashley and Sydney were attached at the hip. Rachael took loving care of Haylee. I kinda felt bad for Andrew - but he found ways to keep busy. They came up to Park City/Midway with us and helped celebrate Haylee's birthday. We stopped along the way and took pictures at Bridal Veil Falls. I learned that Ashley LOVES bugs. She found a beautiful caterpillar along our hike. Later, in Park City, she caught a grasshopper and tried to domesticate it.

Wasatch State Park is one of our favorite places. Aaron would buy a home there tomorrow if I would let him... oh, and if we had the money for it :) He woke up early every morning and got in a round of golf. We found an old homestead and enjoyed their apple orchard. YUMMY!! We also saw deer. The Fall colors were amazing!

On our last day in Midway, we went to the Park City Mountain Resort and had five hours of continuous rides! It was fantastic. We didn't have to wait in any lines, except the zip line. We went on the Alpine Coaster and Alpine Slide more times than I could count. I was nervous/paranoid the first time the girls went on the lift but the security bar made me feel better. It was good prep for skiing this winter. Unfortunately, Haylee and I had an accident on the Alpine Slide. We went off the track. She hit her nose on the brake and scraped her face. There was blood everywhere. I freaked out more than her, of course. We took her down to first aid and cleaned her up. And yes, she still went on the ride again - but only with daddy....
5 comments:
Jen, your pictures are amazing! Haley is getting so big! It looks like you have been having so much fun. We wish we could be there!
Oops *Haylee* is a much cuter spelling
WOW! What a vacation. Wish I was there - except maybe for some of those scary rides. Grandpa is not as brave as Sydney and Haylee.
thanks for all the updates! I wondered where you were. love you guys and those girlies!
I'm so glad you took some time to see us!! Looks like you had such a fun time.
Post a Comment