Saturday, August 18, 2007

Date Night w/ Dad

This may be one of my favorite pictures of all time. Sydney went on a date with her daddy Friday night. They watch the Houston Astros beat the San Diego Padres. We were driving home from swimming at Teresa's house when Aaron called to say he'd picked up some free tickets and wondered if Sydney would want to go. She was SOOOOOO excited. We ran home, changed her clothes and took her downtown to meet her daddy. She insisted on wearing a baseball cap - since they were going to a baseball game. I couldn't believe it when they arrived home at 10 and Syd was still awake. She listed all the food her daddy bought her: hot dog (she ate the whole thing!!!), ice cream, popcorn, water... Aaron did finally say "no" when she asked for cotton candy! She got really upset at the game when someone hit a foul ball into the Western Supply building. She thought that was very rude. They sat on the aisle and Syd said "Hi" to everyone who passed by. I think it took almost another hour for Syd to unwind and go to sleep. She went to sleep singing: "Take me out to the ball game..." What a special time for Sydney and her dad!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

that is so sweet, Jenn. We can't wait to see you...so soon!!! I used to love my daddy/daughter dates, too!! Some of the best memories. Glad Aaron is carrying on the tradition. How's YW going???

Evan said...

What's a blog anyway? I had no idea all this was going on! I put all of you in my favorites so I will now check it regularly. I love seeing all your pictures and stories...you all are tooo far away. I love you, Mom