Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TOO HOT!!


It's really too hot here in San Diego! I am ready for this heat to be gone! Haylee wore this lovely bathing suit to Sydney's soccer practice today. I tried to get her to change but she refused and I couldn't blame her. If I could, I would have worn mine too. As you can see, Haylee has some sassiness going on. I would blame it on the heat but this is pretty much the same face she makes anytime she sees me with a camera.


Today I took Sydney back-to-school shopping. We visited at least 6 stores trying to find a backpack for her. She fell in love with my least favorite option. Oh well! Sparkly pink is probably a hit with most 6 year old girls!


Sydney let me sleep in this morning. It was WONDERFUL. She read through all the first shelf of books in her room and then logged on to the computer. She's become quite independent. One of Syd's best adult friends brought her over an adorable bag that she had hand painted with the wicked logo and picture. She's REALLY Sydney's best adult friend now!!!


Sandy and Dick (our next door neighbors) are having their front and back yards landscaped. They gave us a lot of their dirt. They also had new siding put on the front of their house. It looks really good. The port-a-potty is getting pretty stinky. Hopefully they'll finish soon.


I've been watching the John Adams HBO mini-series on DVD. Amazing. It's truly a miracle - divine intervention - that our nation came to be. Despite all the human weaknesses, a great nation was still established.


My, I am chatty....

4 comments:

Graton said...

It has finally cooled down here, but it should warm up again next week just in time for the pool to close! Val just read the John Adams biography so we are excited to watch the series.

Jake said...

Haylee has an attitude. Good thing she's not here in San Marcos where it's been over 100 most of July and August. September is starting off relatively cool - I think it only got into the upper 90s yesterday and today. Take pictures of the neighbor home (not port-a-potty).

Angela said...

That is such a Haylee face! the tongue out and all! She is darling. I can't believe Syd is getting so big, going school shopping...

and you were chatty...did you get bored? ha ha. Love you!

Valerie said...

I'm totally hooked after reading the Adams'Bio. I've been reading "Common Sense" by Thomas Payne, and have a ton other founding fathers'bios to read. Being so close to the action has really brought everything alive to be. How funny that it never really got hot here. Guess we should be grateful. It's miserable in San Diego when it's hot!!!