Friday, March 20, 2009

Running Partner


Sydney got up early yesterday and wanted to go running with me. We walked/ran about a mile. I really enjoyed talking with her. I learned that if you step on a crack you have to quack. Sydney is also concerned about all the boys who want to marry her. She's not sure what to do. She told me that she has the best kindergarten teacher in the whole world and wanted to make a treat for her when we got home. (Unfortunately, we couldn't find the right attachment for the mixer so we'll have the make heart shaped cookies another day...)


On Wednesday, at Sydney's T-ball practice, Haylee and I played with butterflies. They kept flying right up to us and then flying away. It was like they were teasing us. When they would land on the ground we would quietly walk up to them and put our hand down for them to step on. Usually they'd get a little nervous when we got too close but once I got one to climb on my finger. I couldn't believe it.


Both of the girls helped with closing exercises in Primary on Sunday. Sydney gave a talk about obeying your parents. She talked about how she had been obedient the day before and how it made her feel happy, her parents happy and Jesus happy. She did a really good job! Haylee memorized her scripture - D&C 88:119. We worked on it all week. "Organize yourselves, prepare every needful thing and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God." Haylee's favorite part was "house of learning". Sydney liked "house of glory".

9 comments:

The Smiths said...

Wow! I can't believe Haylee memorized that whole thing - You go girl!!!

Mitchell Family said...

My favorite moment Sunday came after the girls' talks. Aaron was playing piano for us (he is always so willing to sub-thank you) and you had joined him on the bench. We were singing, "Families can be together Forever" and either during or right at the end the girls ran over to join you, so your whole family sat together at the piano while the notes still lingered in the air. Ruth

Valerie said...

Wow, Haylee! I love that scripture, but I don't even have it memorized!! Sydney's so sweet. We love you guys!!

Linn said...

That is fabulous! Way to go cute girls!

Lynn said...

That made me cry, specially the part about all of you together singing at the piano. I love you all!

Angela said...

Jenn ~ You are such a great mom! I am so proud of Haylee for memorizing her scripture and Sydney for her talk! Way to go girls!!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake said...

Great post. I bet Syd will grow up a runner like her mom (and grandpa a long time ago). I have not had a butterfly on my finger, but the other day one landed on my head - perhaps seeing its reflection. I have a picture in my mind of you guys at the piano bench - what a wonderful experience to hear about. Sydney and Haylee - you also make grandpa happy!

Coleen said...

It was so fun to visit with you. Hopefully we can make a trip to San Diego soon. Happy Easter!