Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Service & Fun



Last Saturday Sydney helped package food to help the needy of San Diego. I was really impressed with how hard she worked. During the three hours of pretty hard work, I never had to tell her to help. I actually got tired before she did!! We watch a short video that said 300,000 San Diego residents are food deficient. Meaning, they don't know where their next meal will come from or don't have enough money for food. I was shocked! Many of those are young children. It just makes me want to do more. After the service activity, Sydney and I went with one of her friends and her mom to watch Annie. We loved it! At one point Sydney said she wanted to go be on the stage. I asked her what she would sing and she said: "Old MacDonald". Fortunately we were up in the mezzanine so she couldn't make a fast break for the stage!


Here the girls are wearing their Christmas dresses from Ali. (Thanks Ali!) Check out Haylee's tights! She cracks me up!

3 comments:

Jake said...

Do you ever slow down? Good job Sydney. I think you like to help other people - and your family. Your mom says you are the best big sister to Haylee. Grandpa loves you. Sydney and Haylee look like cute puppies from 101 dalmations - with spots reversed. Cute.

Lynn said...

It sounds like the girl scouts are helping out again! What a great project for them. Good pictures!Love you guys.

Beth Bos said...

I am so grateful for a caring daughter and grandaughter. Your charitable example is an inspiration to us all. Love you.