Then we headed to SEAWORLD! I love this place! It doesn't matter how many times I watch the Shamu show I'm still amazed that an 8000 pound whale can get out of the water! We sat in the soak zone. I was pretty freaked out the whole time thinking we were going to get drenched but we didn't get even a drop. The people a couple rows ahead of us weren't so lucky! Aaron took the girls on all the rides at the Sesame Street Bay of Play. He's my hero! Those rides make me sick!
Monday we spent enjoying the beach... all day.. from 10:30 AM until 5:30 PM. What a dream day! Honestly, the weather was better than some days in August! The girls rode their scooters on the boardwalk for a little while and then we joined friends on the beach.

Sydney learned about Martin Luther King day at school. She said they even sang "Happy Birthday to Martin" (She affectionately refers to him as Martin). She told us that Martin made it possible for all kids to go to school together, ride the same bus, be neighbors and go to the same church. She was really excited about celebrating his birthday. Well, when she came home from school Tuesday she asked me if it was true that Martin was dead. I said yes. She bawled for at least 10 minutes. She was really upset. She really thought Martin was going to be at school for her to sing to on Tuesday. Sweet Sydney.
I helped in Sydney's class on Wednesday. In the middle of the morning, Sydney ran up to me, grabbed my face lovingly with both her hands and said: "Mommy, you should be a teacher when you grow up." Awwwwww...yes,... when I grow up :)
6 comments:
Sweet Sydney...I'm glad kids remind us of what is important and how to love. :) Sounds like a fantastic weekend.
Your two adorable little girls are so fun! I love the "when you grow up..." statement. How sweet! And I have to admit I'm a little jealous of your current forecast:) I keep telling Randy he needs to hire head hunter in SD!
It is 35 degrees here in washington...I wish I could have spent Martin Luther King Day on the beach...Its possible next year I will be able to do just that!
I love Haylee's half wink face and her screaming face in the first set of photos. She is such a ham! Miss you guys!
Such a cute family - and you are my favorite DIL (and you're married to my favorite son).
Well that's still a possibility. What a sweet heart.
Post a Comment