Monday, September 8, 2008

What makes me happy?

A house full of kids! I just LOVE it! Now that Sydney is in school and Haylee is in preschool twice a week I feel a little blue...Don't get me wrong... I like running errands without the kiddos - but I LOVE it when my house is full of little feet and sweet voices! Friday night Sydney had Audrey over and they (along with Haylee) ran around the front yard acting like butterflies and pretending to be chased by the Purple Pieman from Porky-pine Peak. The sun was setting. The weather was extremely pleasant (when is it not in San Diego...). As they fluttered to the front door giggling I had one of those moments where my heart almost burst. I am SOOOOO grateful for motherhood. What would my life be without these little ones... (including Audrey and baby Alyssa).

Last night I talked to the youth about focusing on the target (eternal exaltation) and making course corrections early so that we hit our target. I was reminded of the time in my life when a major course correction was necessary. I may have prayed about going to Texas Tech for my freshman year of college but I was pretty decided regardless of what the Lord may have wanted that I would follow my friends and go to Lubbock. I had one of the loneliest years - (I did make Dean's List however :)) After that year I decided to move to Utah and live with my grandma for a year and apply to BYU. Every good thing in my life came from that choice - from making the necessary course correction and listening to the Lord. So, I have to say, knowing that I am doing what the Lord would have me do - that also makes me REALLY HAPPY!

7 comments:

Beth Bos said...

The Lord has blessed you so many way Jennifer. Your children have blessed my life too. Thank you for being you. May you feel the many blessing of life. The Lord loves you. MOM

DixieJo said...

What a great, wonderful, FANTASTIC post!

Anonymous said...

jenn u just might be the cutest happiest mommy i know. i really love u.

emily said...

So fun to see the first day of school pics. I can't believe it really happened. They grew up! I'm so glad that my little boys got to play with your little girls and share those amazing years with you.

Stacey said...

You are such a great mom and so wonderful with kids. I can't wait to have another little pitter patter around the house. Jace's aren't that little anymore--his are more jumping, stomping, running, wrestling, :) Great pics of the girls. I miss them.

Jake said...

Jenn, you are a blessing in my life. Thanks for being you.
Love you,
MePa

Angela said...

Great pics of the girls! They are so darn cute and getting so big! How fun to have Aaron home for Syd's big day! I so admire you as a mother.. you have such a positive outlook on motherhood and are so great with the girls! I hope I can be even half as great as you are when I have that chance!

Thanks also for the lesson idea! I am teaching this Sunday the last lesson to 15 of my girls (we loose 15 due to our ward splitting this week.. sad I know!) I have been struggling to know which topic or idea to focus on and this was perfect. Thanks friend!

I miss you terribly. Say hi to the girls and Aaron for us! Love you!