Monday, August 25, 2008

Thanks MOM!!

My mom came from Texas and spent a week with us between semesters!! Wahoo! Thank you mom! We love you sooooo much! For so many reasons!! We only wish you and dad lived closer so we could see you more often!!

Here are some of the highlights:

- Grandma spent hours playing My Little Pony with Haylee. I never once heard her turn Haylee down.



- Balboa Park - Listened to a jazz band at Spreckles Pavilion (Aaron joined us :), the girls rode on the butterfly ride, zoo train and carousel.

- 911 call... I know you felt bad mom - but Sydney could have easily made the call when I was watching her too!! Turns out Sydney wanted to catch butterflies and thought you call 911 when you need help. Grandma taught her that you only call 911 when it's life or death. I wonder what excuse Haylee will come up with when she makes that call someday...

- Walk around Coronado/Hotel Del Coronado. Brunch at Hash house -yum yum. Rosie's fabric store (sans children - always nice)

- Shopping...

- Aaron and I were able to go on two DATES in one week!! We didn't even mind that one of those dates involved chaperoning a stake dance and a trip to the ER for Haylee. (Haylee had croup. It came on really quickly - she was fine Friday and by Saturday night she was struggling to breath. I hate it when kids get sick. It's especially difficult when it happens over the weekend!)

Thanks again mom!! We love you!! So glad you didn't get sick!!

5 comments:

Jordan said...

We hope Haylee feels better!

Beth Bos said...

Oh, Jenn, I had such a wonderful time - like a breath of fresh air. Thank you so very much. I love your family. No more 911 -

Jake said...

Mom loved playing with Sydney and Haylee. She enjoyed the shopping trips and time with Jenn. I can't wait until it's my turn to visit so the girls can show me Balboa Park and the Sea Caves. Mom said the mattress was flat, but it looks okay in the picture. Thanks for taking good care of Mom - I missed her - and you guys. Grandpa Bos

jenn said...

Oh yes! How could I forget about the 300 stairs down to the caves in La Jolla!! Mom kindly carried Haylee all the way down and back up!! And the mattress!! We spent the week patching holes in it!! One morning mom woke up flat on the floor!! It was probably the day after carrying Haylee up and down the stairs otherwise I am not sure how she could have still slept!! Thank you Mom!!

Angela said...

Well I think still think the paint all over the patio that happened when the "men" were left alone with the girls this summer beats a 911 call! ha ha Sorry Aaron it will take a while for you "men" to live that one down!

Beth glad you had fun.. nothing beats playing with Haylee!