Monday, April 5, 2010

Zoo with Grandpa



Last Wednesday we went to the zoo with Grandpa and road the tour bus for the first time. It was a fantastic way to see the entire park without taking on all the hills. I let our passes expire last June but, fortunately, we just renewed them. I can't believe all the updates they've made - and I already thought the zoo was fantastic! We were at the zoo by 9:30 am and the day was nice and cool. The animals were more active than I'd ever seen. The new polar bear attraction is open! I enjoyed it - as much as I could - Sydney had to use the ladies room so we zooomed through. I can't wait to go back. The new elephant area (probably not new to anyone else) was unbelievable. I love the zoo!! The animals all looked beautiful and healthy.


Haylee wore her ladybug pajamas under her clothes all day so she would be ready for the birthday she attended later that afternoon. The girls fell asleep on the way home!!

3 comments:

Jake said...

Thanks for taking me to the zoo. It was the most perfect day. I especially enjoyed the two little monkeys that followed me everywhere I went. :-)

The Smiths said...

Love the girls sleeping soundly in the car after a fun day!

Valerie said...

Just attended the national zoo, such a shock! The animals certainly don't look as happy as they do at the San Diego zoo!