
The girls roller-skated for the first time tonight with a group of friends from Sydney's Daisy Troop. Sydney & Haylee were unbelievable! Sydney started off a little shaky but never gave up. Haylee was a natural! I was a little nervous taking her - she's still pretty little (ONLY 3!!) but man - she was AWESOME! Every time she fell she would look up at me and say "We just get back-up and try again." Surprisingly, Haylee wore out before Sydney. We finished the night off with frozen yogurt from our new favorite neighborhood hang-out "Forbidden Yogurt". (Incidentally, once a neighborhood hang-out become our favorite it goes out of business... Baskin Robbins, Carnival Ice-Cream, Jamba Juice. This doesn't bode well for Forbidden Yogurt..)
Frozen yogurt & roller skates... reminds me of when I was a 4/5/6 grader living in Southern California. Roller skate parties were "the thing" and I would roll around the rink like I owned the place. Tonight the girls wanted to rest for a minute so I went around by myself a couple of times. They would reach their hands out to give me five. The wind in my hair, the 80s music, the fans screaming for me (hahaha) - for a couple seconds - I may have owned the place... at least, until I almost ate it when I forgot roller skate brakes are on the front - not the back like roller blades.
4 comments:
Jenn still rules the rink! Glad to see you sharing your talents with the girls. When I come to visit you - I'll watch, thank you.
Jamba juice went out of business?
Love that you took the girls roller skating! I have such fond memories of "owning" the rink also...we used to meet boys there too. Can you believe that? A 10 yr old meeting boys? Amazing I turned out!
Cute pictures!
Hi Jen, I just found your blog through the Gathrights'! Your girls are so beautiful. I miss you and San Diego and can't wait until someday when we can come and visit again.
Rachel
Post a Comment