
1. My brother Matt got married last weekend in the Newport Temple. It was a beautiful day. We are happy to have Corinne in the family. I will certainly benefit from her home decorating skills and many other creative talents. I am so pleased to see how happy they make each other. What a great couple! Haylee and Sydney were the flower girls and couldn't have been more excited about it (although we never fully understood what a flower girl does in a Mormon wedding. Apparently they were suppose to hand out flowers to be thrown at the bride and groom as they left. Sydney had a melt down around 8:30 PM and we actually left the reception before the bridal couple. Sorry Matt & Corrine!!)
I put the girls hair in sponge curlers the night before so they would have curly hair for the wedding. I must have used smaller curlers because they both ended up with huge fros. Good thing they are so stinking cute!!


2. We went to Treasure Island Beach and explored the tide pools with our cousins Rachael, Ashley & Andrew. The kids had fun looking for crabs and sticking their fingers in the sea anemones. We got hit by a couple unexpected waves.

3. Disneyland with the cousins! Splash Mountain & Thunder Mountain tied as the kids' favorite rides. Haylee isn't tall enough to ride yet so Pamela and I took turns playing with her.


4. Haylee is potty trained! Wahoo! I can't take any credit for this because she did it all by herself. The test came Monday night when I put her to bed with panties after a full day at Disneyland. She woke up around 2 AM and called for me to take her to the bathroom. WAHOO!! That's a great sign! (Aaron can take some credit for encouraging Haylee to go #2 in the toilet by bribing her with Jamba Juice. Even Sydney helped encourage Haylee to go potty in the right place. Hey - I am not complaining! That means no more stinky diapers to change. I only wish I hadn't bought so many pull-up diapers and wipes days before she quit using them!)
5. Finished the quietbook I started 2 years ago! Hopefully the girls will stay quiet during sacrament meeting... What are the chances of that? My friend Jordan helped paint many pages and designed a few layouts. I love the shrinky-dink animals on Noah's Ark!
6. Sydney graduated from preschool! She'll start school in the fall as a kindergartner. Unbelievable!!

7. I bought Aaron the Wii! I was going to give it to him for Father's Day but couldn't wait that long. Sydney loves to play the golf game and is quite good at it. When she makes a good shot she yells: "Awwwweeeesssssssssomeeeeee!"


Conversation tonight: Sydney to me: "Mom, let's pretend I am 16." What??? I would rather not think about her being 16 until the eve of her 16th birthday.... A few minutes later I entered the kitchen and found a huge puddle of orange juice with two cups half-filled next to it. Sydney was pretty proud of herself: "Look Mom, 16 year olds can pour their own drinks." ok.... deep breaths...
New discovery: Haylee can stick her tongue out and have it touch her nose. Seriously!!
3 comments:
Those pictures are priceless! It sounds like you've been having a crazy busy fun time! I loved your quiet book. Jordan showed me hers, and I am ASTOUNDED at how cool they are! I can't believe you guys created that yourselves. You must be an amazing seamstress - amongst other things!
I love you guys! You are all so cute!
How cute is your family? Incredibly is the answer. Thanks for sharing. Those girls are just too darling!
Post a Comment