Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nature & Haylee

I hope all major events in Haylee's life don't involve natural disasters! She was born right between hurricanes Katrina & Rita and is scheduled to have surgery on her kidney tomorrow. This will likely be cancelled because of the all the fires in San Diego. Fortunately, we live outside the danger zone. The picture of the fire was taken from Mnt. Soledad, which is up the hill from us in La Jolla. The air quality is pretty poor outside so we are keeping inside again today. The girls are going crazy and I am a bit antzy too. (The other picture is of Hurricane Rita)

The most amazing thing about natural disasters is that a few days ago nobody would have thought they would be losing their home. I drove the youth to an activity on Saturday that is now in the heart of the disaster area. Things can change so quickly. I am more grateful today than ever for the home I live in and the safety I enjoy.





I love this picture of Haylee. She loves to sit on the counter in the bathroom and watch Aaron get ready for work. He has a band-aid on his head - so of course, she wants one too. Love you Haylee!!

1 comment:

Jake said...

Some days I bet Haylee is like a hurricane - but mostly just a gentle breeze. Love, GPa